13 Best Computer Jobs That Pay Very Well
There are genuine computer jobs that can pay you very well and they are very legit. This article will reveal what you need to know about those jobs and the different types of computer jobs you can do. Also, you will be able to read from this article, some of computer related jobs that can be done from your comfort home and those that pay very well.
It is very great to work with computer as there are many opportunities abound that you can explore easily and with the use of internet you can be at home and work at your desire time and get paid. There are different tasks that you can do with the use of computer that will get you paid. It can range from developing software programs to managing complex systems or protecting a particular company data and many more. Some of these jobs would require you to possess a specific qualification or skill while some might not require. In fact, there are some computer jobs that can done by people who thinks they don’t have the capacity or feel they are not educated up to expectation.
What Does Computer Jobs Mean?
It is pertinent we understand the concept of computer jobs first before we discuss about the nature of the jobs. Firstly, a computer is an electronic device that is used to perform different tasks which include processing of information and performing calculations. We now have different nature of computerized devices these days due to the advancement of technology and those devices can be used to perform varieties of jobs such as business setting or even at home. However, you can choose to use internet connection to perform some tasks with the computer system and there are also tasks that can be done without internet access.
Therefore, computer jobs are jobs that are done with the use of any computer device. The nature of the computer device can dictate the level of productivity but all the devices can be used for one purpose or another. This shows that people that are interested in making money through the use of computer can find some interesting jobs they can do below.
13 Best Computer Jobs That Pay Very Well
We have come up with 13 genuine and credible computer jobs that you can legitimately do and get paid. They are as follows:
- Helpdesk Analyst: The task of helpdesk analyst is to assist users and clients by troubleshooting, diagnosing and correcting software and hardware problems the moment they are detected in order not to affect the users. Helpdesk analyst will also ensure that new software are installed and they may also need to engage in technology upgrading of the computer system, responding to potential cyber security threats and a lot more. The national average pay for helpdesk analyst is around $18 per hour and they are mostly IT professionals.
- Hardware Engineers: Computer Hardware Engineers are people that make sure that hardware components and processors are properly researched, designed and developed for public use. It is their duty to always watch after developed components, circuit boards, networks, routers and memory devices. They also need to always check out for updates on their computer equipments so as to be able to operate with the latest software. Meanwhile, this nature of computer jobs – computer hardware engineering is usually carried out in the laboratories of companies or in manufacturing companies. Computer hardware engineers can earn up to $55 per hour.
- Desktop Support Technician: The primary duties of a desktop support technician are to ensure that adequate maintenance of organization’s computer systems that are used by clients which include desktop computers and other accessories. They are to install both hardware and software to the computer system and ensure optimal performance of all organization workstations. However, they can also help with troubleshooting and solve other computer issues. Desktop support technician can earn up to $20 per hour.
- Database Administrator: These are people that usually make use of computer software to create, store and organize data. They make sure data and other entries are properly managed and administered. They also ensure that data are always backed up and restored in order to prevent their loss. Database administrators are simply people that are in charge of safeguarding data and they can easily work with companies with large database such as insurance firms, educational institutions, financial institutions and many more. They can earn up to $40 per hour.
- Computer Programmer: These are people that are highly skilled with the use of programming languages. They are usually professionals that make use of their knowledge and skill of programming languages to write, test and maintain source code for different computer programs and applications. They can also work directly with IT professionals for troubleshooting, debugging and improvement of codes. Computer programmers can earn around $25 per hour.
- Computer Support Specialist: These are people that offer technical support for users and clients that make use of computer systems. They help to offer minor repairs to software, hardware and other equipment and they typically assist computer users with advice that can enhance smooth operations. Computer support specialists also help to analyze, troubleshoot and evaluate computer network problems for users whilst identifying bugs. They can earn up to $25 per hour.
- Web Developer: Web developers are people that usually design, code and update websites on the authority of their employer or clients. Their task is to work from wireframes that are created by the web designers and it is their duty to make sure that website is virtually appealing, very safe and easy to use. Also, they can assist in making modifications and updates to the existing websites. Web developers usually receive up to $77,000 per year.
- System Software Developer: Just like the previous job, system software developer also helps to create, design and develop applications that are necessary to keep the computer working effectively. Software developers will help create software programs that can be used by clients or users to perform different tasks such as developing applications that can create flowcharts that will be used by programmers to write codes and other programming languages and many more. They usually earn up to $50 per hour.
- Information Security Analyst: These people are usually responsible for making sure networks; computer and data are well safe and protected. They are normally IT professionals that will put in place necessary measures and tools in order to ensure that hackers won’t be able to access the company or organization’s systems. They often install updates and data encryption software in order to watch over the computer system to avoid security breaches and any other related threats. The average salary is up to $83,000 per year.
- Computer Repair Technician: These people usually carry out repairs and maintenance for computer system. They also take care of problems that may occur from computer hardware or software. This shows that computer repair technician usually offer technical repair to computer system and they can earn up to $47,000 per year.
- Network Security Engineer: These people operate in such a way that an organization or company’s network system is protected and safe. They normally install firewalls, detect systems and also perform cyber-security software upgrades. In a case whereby there is a cyber attack, it is the duty of network security engineer to find, isolate and make corrections to any problem that caused it. They might also need to educate other employees on how they can effectively perform cybersecurity practices. They usually earn close to $108,000 per year.
- Medical Coder: Medical coders are people that work as health information technicians by organizing and managing health information data which will ensure quality and secure access to information that are received. They are also called medical records technicians due to the fact that they normally assign apt medical codes to diagnoses and procedures/methods for patient treatment, billings, statistics and insurance purposes. This type of computer jobs is usually carried out at hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Their average pay is up to $20 per hour.
- Social Media Evaluator: Social media evaluator are people that work on media by creating, managing and updating accounts and files for business owners or individuals. They make use of computer system or mobile device to access social media feeds and updates for their clients or customers. The aim of social media evaluator is to ensure that the expected traffics across social media platforms are attained. These people usually earn up to $14 per hour.
Image Credit: cnbc.com