8 Things That Happens To Your Body When You Stop Eating Sugar
It is not that easy obviously, to cut out the consumption of sugar, but the best thing we can do for your health is to give adequate attention and medication. Sugar is found in almost everything we can that is sweet and tasty. Some varieties have limited components of sugar but nevertheless they all add to sugar intake of our consumption.
Reports has it that close to 20% of Americans eat more than 700 calories of sugar per day which means they consume to over one cup of sugar daily. Surprising, isn’t it? But that is the sad reality. It clearly shows that we are all prone to medical challenges that might come from too much of sugar intake. When you consume too much of sugar to your body, it can affect numerous organs and even endanger you to disastrous risk that might affect your health. Researches have it that it can even affect one’s longevity.
This issue gets more complicated because some foods we consume today have more calories and not enough nutrients. Therefore, we generally need to up our intake of nutrients, which help to satisfy our appetites and supply energy to our bodies. This is because sugar is known to have detrimental effect on our overall health and it is contained in almost every food we eat. In other words, those foods we regards as “health foods” such as yoghurt, granular bars and pasta sauces also possess sugar contents, although they are called “hidden sugar”.
Also, natural sugars that are derived from taking fruits, whole grains, and vegetables won’t cause adverse health effects; however, all the added sugars from processed foods can seriously harm your mind and body. According to American Heart Association, an average American adult takes 22 teaspoons of sugar per day and an average child takes 32 teaspoons.
THESE 8 THINGS HAPPENS TO YOUR BODY WHEN YOU STOP EATING SUGAR:
- You will look younger: When you bid too much of sugar consumption farewell, you will have a course to look good and younger. This is the because the presence of much sugar in your body affects the skin due to the process called glycation that is caused by sugar whereby the sugar molecules bind to and deform the collagen and elastin in the skin. The duo of collagen and elastin are the major protein sources that give our skin its youthful and supple properties, therefore reducing the amount of sugar intake can reduce glucose and insulin rise in the bloodstream that will reduce acute inflammation associated with aging. This means when you are able to reduce your sugar consumption, you are liable to look younger.
- You will be happier: You will become happier when you are able to part away with sugar. How? We all know that when we take sugar, we feel energized, refreshed and happy, but do we really know that this excitement is just for some moments as it will later disappear and leave you desire for more. Sugar craving is indeed very unhealthy because it increases the sugar level in the body. According to a study done in Columbia, women that consume a lot of added sugar have higher risk of mood swings, anxiety and depression. Therefore, if you desire to have a more stable state of emotions, parting away with sugar will do you a lot of good.
- You will sleep comfortably: Too much of sugar in the body can lead to the production of cortisol which would always disturb your night sleep. So also the crashes you feel when the sugar wears off will leave you sleepy during the day and wanting to take a nap. Sugar can affect your nervous system and cause fluctuations in energy levels and sleep cycles; therefore taking away sugar from your body will enable you to have a good sleep.
- It will improve your memory: Sugar has been linked to cognitive impairment and brain fatigue. Which means when there is a lot of sugar in your body; it affects your brain and way of thinking. This can affect the way of learning and reasoning at any instance. A study reveals that taking too much of sugar can damage the communication between the brain cells. It could also lead to lethargy and mental exhaustion.
- It reduces weight: Some people have been so vociferous in their quest to reduce weight. One of the best ways to reduce unnecessary calories is by avoiding much consumption of sugar in the body. As we’ve said earlier, there are foods that contains a lot of calories but lack of nutrients therefore by taking these, you will probably feel hungry in some hours time and keep piling up of sugars.
- You will have lower risk of diabetes: Your body’s natural detox system becomes more active when you stop taking sugar. But when you consume sugar, it makes fatty deposits build up around your liver and can cause insulin resistance. According to Marc Alabanza, a Certified Nutritional Couselor, “Your pancreas will start to produce less insulin and your liver will also start to catch up on processing stored toxins in the first couple of hours without sugar”. But if you frequently pull in sugar in to your body, the pancreas and liver won’t be able to keep up. Also, it is noted that eating 150 calories of added sugar increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 11 times.
- Your heart will be healthy: To maintain a good heart requires proper monitoring and self evaluation against unhealthy nutrients and activity. Too much of sugar consumption can lead to increment in insulin levels which further activate the nervous system and then spike the blood pressure and heart rate. The body system works so hard to process the sugar in the body and hence putting serious strain on the heart. Also, studies have shown sugar consumption to be a much greater risk factor in heart problems. So, to maintain a healthy heart, stay away from much intake of sugar.
- Your smile and breath improves: Sugar can cause cavities as it meets with bacteria in the mouth and form acid that can lead to tooth decay. Since sweet tooth is fascinating when it comes to the issue of health smile, it is advisable to reduce the sugar consumption in order to have good smiles and breathe.
Sugar is everywhere we can think of and very abundant. In fact, it is not going to be easy in parting away with sugar but it is still possible to some extent. When you focus on a healthy diet, you can get rid of unwanted sugar level in the body.
Image Credit: spaking.in